Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cat in the Hat Rides Tomorrow

Saturday morning at 8:30 am, I'll be leading the Simpson Public Library's Run for Reading 5K race and 1 mile run/walk on my bicycle.

Now, you may ask, why would I post a picture of The Cat in the Hat on a blog about leading a race of runners on my bike?

Well, when the Run for Reading committee asked me if I would consider leading the race, I thought, why would a bunch of sleek, slim runners want to see a 53-year-old librarian riding her bike?

I concluded that the only way to make this entertaining for me (and for them) was to see if I could get a reading-related bike jersey. And, much to my delight, I found a Cat in the Hat-theme jersey. Then, Simpson's children's librarian, Linda Stoner, gave me her red-striped tall hat — and I plan to figure out a way to attach that to my biking helmet tonight.

So, if you want a hoot, or if you want to run or walk, come to the Friendship Park in Upper Allen Township Saturday morning, August 13th.

For more information visit: http://cumberlandcountylibraries.org/index.aspx?NID=859

0 comments: