Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Reading

Well it's June 5 and it's raining outside. I even am wearing a sweater (and shoes and socks!) However, after having read "A Book Lover's Summer" in the Wall Street Journal, my mind is on summer...summer reading, that is.

Here's what I'm thinking about reading this summer:
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. (A Newbery Award winner I've been meaning to get to for about 9 months now.)
  • Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. (I really enjoyed his earlier novel Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and seem to have developed a real taste for dark Swedish/Scandinavian thrillers)
  • The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman (I've always got to read her latest. Hoffman's blend of psychological fiction with magical elements can be hypnotic.)
  • The Leisure Seekers by Michael Zahoorian (About an elderly married couple who venture off on one last road trip...the reviews made me think it might be funny and I need a laugh)
  • A Devil to Play by Jason Rees (About one man's year long quest to perform a Mozart Horn Concerto - in public - after a 22-year lapse in ever having touched the instrument. As a former horn player, I think this'll also be funny.)
  • In the Woods by Tana French (I've always heard it was good.)
  • Something from Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. (I have to confess I've never read any of his books and he's from Mechanicsburg! Shame on me!)
What are you reading?

0 comments: