Monday, December 6, 2010

NYT Notable Books



In case you missed it, the New York Times listed its 100 notable books for 2010 yesterday.

I can only report that I've read three books on the list, each of which I enjoyed thoroughly:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is, of course, the conclusion to Larsson's Millennium Trilogy. It was a wonderful conclusion to the series.

I'm just now finishing The Great House, and I highly recommend it as an audio book. It is densely written, but really comes alive when read aloud by the expert narrators in the audio version. Reader beware: it's a book about loss...so perhaps it's not for people looking for a lighter read.

Finally, One Day is fun romance that follows a man and a woman on the same day each year over the course of their lives.

Happy reading!

0 comments: