Thursday, December 11, 2008

Multiplying Like Rabbits: Best Book Lists for 2008

Best book lists for 2008 are multiplying like rabbits now.

I now have 20 best book links posted on the right hand side of my blog -- everything from fiction, non-fiction, children's books, and a few genre-specific, like Business Week's Best Business Books.

The latest that I added today was from Salon. I like how they characterize their picks: "the 10 most pleasurable fiction and nonfiction reading experiences of the year."

So many of these lists seem to try and impress you with books that aren't fun to read...books that are actually more like work to slog through. The books on Salon's list nearly all seem to be things that I'd like to make time to read.

And, once again, I'm a little sad about just how few of these titles I've read.

0 comments: